- Kevin Bertetto
- Anchorage Alaska
- Email Address:
- Other Vehicles:
- 97 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport 4x4, 97 Chrysler Sebring
- Previous Vehicles:
- 90 Chev S-10, 92 Ford Ranger, 95 Dodge Ram 1500, all 4x4 and loaded. The Chevy was a good truck, the Ford was the biggest piece of garbage to ever go down an assembly line, then I entered into the Dodge world an never looked back.
- Other hobbies:
- Fishing, Hunting and mud runnin'
- V8 - 318ci
- Club Cab
- Every Damn Thing!!!!!
- Completed modifications:
- Flowmaster 3" alumanized stainless steel exhaust (this baby really makes your presence known), JET powertech module (really didn't notice a difference with it, not like the claims that JET make) Genuine Steel full wrap around brush guard, BFG All-Terrains (31" of course), K&N Filter
- Planned modifications:
- Headers to hook up that Cat back Flowmaster. Probably get rid of the JET chip and get the actual Mopar chip, heard promising comments about it. Edelbrock Shocks
- If money were no object:
- 6" Trail Master suspension lift, and add 35" tires on some type of unique 10" wheel, unique because a Dakota with a lift is unique, don't see to many around.
- 179 (rear wheel)
- 265 (rear wheel)
- 0 to 60:
- Top speed:
- Performance Comments:
- I absolutely love this truck, I did unfortunately have to get a new tranny at the 35k mark, along with lower ball joints and brakes (had to do the brakes myself-all raybestos) which is really irritating for a truck this new. Especially the brakes, they were shot at about 20k. From what I understand, the brakes and ball joints are a chronic problem on these trucks. Chrysler is istalling Moog ball joints for the people that have bad factory joints, I now have the moog joint on mine, and it is really alot heavier duty than the factory joint which Chrysler doesn't eevn install anymore on the assembly line, the 99's started getting the Moog joints. Other than that, I love the truck and everything about it. If you have any questions about the tranny probs or anything else I've encountered with my Dak, feel free to E-mail me.
This profile has been accessed
times and was last updated on Sun May 2 16:18:48 1999.
If you'd like to send mail to this person, click here.
Hey, Kevin Bertetto! You can use these links to change or
delete your profile!
Back to the DML Home Page -
Back to the list of dakota profiles
Jon N. Steiger / email@example.com / SUNY College at Fredonia