- Ed Halterman
- Sunland, California (A suburb of L.A.)
- Email Address:
- Home Page:
- Other Vehicles:
'66 Olds F-85, aka Project Olds, motor coming back this week, going through a total transformation to become a canyon carving, highway cruising, drag strip running, and cruise night attending street machine!!
- Previous Vehicles:
- '97 Dak SLT+ CC, loved it but my lease was up and I decided to get what I really wanted!!
'66 Olds 4-4-2 (400 V-8, VERY FAST-350 HP)
'66 Olds F-85 (330 V-8, VERY STRONG-310 HP)
'95 Chevy S-10 Total piece of junk-2 clutches, fan clutch, head gasket, 1 stereo speaker, A/C blower motor, and the day I traded it in, the tape player didn't eject my tape! All at 24k miles!
- Other hobbies:
- Traveling (in the Dak), racing (street and drag), build model cars, R/C cars, collecting Olds toys, tinkering with the Olds and my Dak.
- Freeway Service Patrol operator-I drive up and down the freeway, and assist stranded motorists for free in my tow truck, and make sure everyone gets to where their going on time by keeping the freeways clear. If you are on the 134 freeway in the L.A. area, in the cities of Glendale, Burbank, and North Hollywood during the weekdays, make sure you say "hi" to that guy next to you in the Girard and Peterson truck #86. I truly love my job!!
- V8 - 287ci
- Quad Cab
- Power steering, brakes, mirrors, windows and locks. Also has tilt, cruise, A/C, keyless entry, 40-20-40 seat, rear sliding window, and a bunch of other stuff that I know I forgot!!
- Additional info:
- The styling really got to me-looked like someone actually cared, just like the old days!
- 8752 (4-15-01)
- Completed modifications:
- Quick D intake, class 4 hitch, Bernd AIT Adjuster box, Gibson 3" Sweptside Cat Back, EDS DAK personalized Lake Tahoe plates, Line-X spray in liner, Snug Top Super Sport series cap, Weld Super Single 2's w/ 31x10.5-15 Pro Comp M/T's, Pro Comp ES-9000 shocks, GE 9007 HO lights, smooth polished tail gate protecter, and clear front corner lights.
- Modifications in progress:
- Nothing yet, but that is sure to change soon!!
- Planned modifications:
- Electric fans, Transgo shift kit, a S/C, T-B, lift, etc, etc......
- If money were no object:
- All of the above
- Additional modification comments:
- If I can do it, ANYONE CAN!!!
- 0 to 60:
- Pretty quick
- Quarter mile:
- Eighth mile:
- 60 foot:
- Top speed:
- 115 (yes, I got it there!)
- Handles nice for a truck
This profile has been accessed
times and was last updated on Mon Apr 16 00:03:03 2001.
If you'd like to send mail to this person, click here.
Hey, Ed Halterman! You can use these links to change or
delete your profile!
Back to the DML Home Page -
Back to the list of dakota profiles
Jon N. Steiger / email@example.com