Re: RE: Top 5 mods every dakota should have?

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 23:10:48 EST

At 07:33 PM 2/9/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Ok the below statement makes no sense to me. Why would a couple of mods
>together take away hp from each other?
>
>Jason
>

> >I'm saying the second, but I'm not saying that it wouldn't be worth
> >the money. What I'm saying is, the two do not add on top of one
> >another. For example, if a TB alone gives you 20hp, and headers alone
> >gives you 20hp, then a TB and headers together will not equal a total
> >of 40hp over stock. They may only equal 25hp. The increase when
> >adding the second of the two won't be that dramatic. Worth the money?
> >That's up to each person to decide.
> >
> >Terry Herrin
> >99 FR CC R/T
> >Wilmington, NC

Doesn't make much sense to me either. TB will give you a certain gain,
that gain amount depends on other components in the engine. Adding headers
to the TB will give you more gain than just the TB under the right
conditions, and the gain amount depends on other components. It's hard to
get accurate predictions without knowing anything about the motor the
upgrades are going on. Adding one could give you a gain, putting both
could take power away, or they can give more power than just the one. Some
mods must have other components changed to allow the first mod to produce
more power. It's a lot of math and a lot of head scratchin'.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net