Re: Ping Question

From: POOLREBEL@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 21:31:36 EST

In a message dated 02/08/2000 8:37:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bernd@texas.net writes:

<< From the emails that I had received, they pinged more in the stock
 configuration but some were "cured" with either a 180 T'Stat and/or Colder
 plugs. (Makes sense that way.)

 From the stats that I did collect, the problem is mainly with the '99
 models. Something changed and DC isn't about to step forward at this point
 with an answer.

 - Bernd

I remember reading about the T stat and colder plugs but the reason for my
question was because I read something you wrote on Mopar chat and a reply to
either you or the group about a possible stb coming out around march that
stated it was going to retard the timing curve within the PCM making it a
less aggressive curve. If my memmory isn't failing me that is what you were
saying should be done as opposed to retarding the timming by turning the
distributer. So it got me thinking that if someone had a ping problem before
they installed a Chip and it stopped pinging after it was installed then the
timing curve has got to be the problem. But if the chip didn't stop the
pinging then retarding the timing curve wouldn't do anything to help either.

Sorry for rambling on.
Jay