Saturday Carlsbad drags

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 16:46:32 EST

Well, it was cool. Got some hard numbers to go by, sorta. It was me, Sam
with his Y2K R/T and John Mautz in his 4x4 Durango, and possibly picked
up a new member in a '95 R/C V-8 5-spd who was running mid to high 14's
all day (stock, except for exhaust only I think) Sam was trying so hard
to get into the 14's, he was like .005 off or something like that. John
was running bottom 16's with his 4x4 Durango, and then there was me
which only made one good run. First run was a 17.4@79mph. O-K, but I
felt it could do more (sleepy start and shifted too late). Second run,
totally spun the s--t out the tires, and the timers were down, no #'s on
that one, but I've NEVER spun like that before (even when I wanted to!!)
so I knew it was running good. Went right back to go for another, damn,
they closed the track. Oh well, it's only 80 some odd miles from me. I
was running with the 'gate up. Need more runs to perfect this thing. The
weather was AWESOME for racing, cool and sunny, light breeze with a
little beach humidity. I smell 16's real soon!! (hmmm, or is that my tax
return check getting closer to me, get ready Ted O!!) BTW, I G-tech'ed
it at pretty much the same time here (I'm at 1,000ft elevation, Carlsbad
is right at sea level) so I'm pretty convinced by that thing. Here's the
breakdown of my pass--

R/T---.848 (Huh? Green, oh s--t, GO!!)
60'---2.662
330'---7.370
1/8 mile---11.237
1/8 mph---63.82
1/4 mile---17.463
1/4 mph---79.07

And I still won, the other dude red-lighted!! Any input is appreciated.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9 V-6
'66 Olds F-85, 5.5 V-8, will have 350hp

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts