Re: Lease or Buy an R/T??

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 12:09:11 EST

At 06:24 PM 1/31/99 , you wrote:

>Im just lookin for any advice, or any possible horror stories, i prefer
>to buy, but we came up with a 36 month lease for a beautiful red R/T CC
>at 300 a month(including tax license, blah blah), fully loaded except
>for power windows and doorlocks (but those are easy to install)

Where did you get the idea that power windows and locks were easy to
install? Have you ever done it? Also, will your lease let you make those
kinds of mods (most won't).

>I asked the salesman about ordering an R/T, first he
>said it takes 7 weeks then he pulls this " They may throw the invoice in
>the back and not build it for 3 months, and you may not see it for up to
>4 months"

And you're still considering doing business with these people? Why? The
first thing I would have done is talk to the owner/manager and reported
what was said. If I got no satisfaction, I would call Chrysler and report
the dealer. If they treat you this way *before* the get your money how do
you think they will act *after* the get what they want from you? My
advice...find another dealer immediately.
Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Life's a bitch, and life's got lots of sisters.