Re: Foreign Currency-I'll take CDN $$$

From: Jwilli941@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 12:46:03 EST

<< I have found that most US business' will not accept Canadian
     money. >>

Since I live so close to the Canadian border I will accept Canadian
currency. We set a price for the part in US $$ and whenever they
come in to pick up I will charge whatever the daily exchange rate
is plus the fee my bank charges me to convert. I don't mark "up"
some sort of user's fee (I think that the banks already do enough
of that!) and as long as the Canadian customer is comfortable
doing it this way then its OK by me. I have to go to the bank
every day anyway and it really doesn't take much more than a
few minutes to convert and deposit.

Now, if I just had some Dakota product to sell instead of keeping
busy with VW transaxles!

Todd Hill
VolksWerks Transaxles
Olympia, WA