Re: How much USA content in a Dakota?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 22:40:33 EST

In a message dated 10/27/98 8:43:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rotrottmann@davidson.edu writes:

<<
 I read in US News that Ferd and Chebbie are calling themselves the "big
 2" saying Chrysler doesn't count anymore, and trying to exempt CC from
 the "partnership for a new generation of vehicles" basically out tax
 dollars going towards research that is given to the big 3, but Ferd and
 Chebbie say CC shouldn't have it.-Robert >>
Very true. And to an extent they have a very valid point. The partnership is
generated through American tax dollars but is also shared with the other three
parties being the big 3. Up until the merger Chrysler is no longer a member
and entity of the big 3 for it no longer exist. Why? Because the Big 3
refers to the biggest 3 American car companies. At the time the statement
came out there were several other car companies in American and Chrysler
didnt have all of the players we do now, and we also had some that we do not
have now.
  Anyway, DaimlerChrysler will not be on the S&P's 500 anymore either due to
the fact that they are no longer an American company. The Standard and Poor's
only sells stock of American companies!
  Just more facts!
Eric