Re: Performance Intakes question

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 20:29:25 EST

     The Neon Multi TBI/controler is made/marketed by ElectroMotive.

                                Rob

Subject: DML: Performance Intakes question
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net > at Internet-Link
Date: 10/26/98 9:47 AM

From: Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
mon.26th,9:30am

 Being the gearhead I am, I thought to myself, with all this TBI and plenium
modifications being done, what if somebody came up with a dual TBI system. I
know that working on 1 TBI is easier, but having 2 TBI's that put out less CFM's
per unit would have better benefits on the mid thru upper ranges of the rpm's.
Is there anybody that could build or mold such a system? How would this affect
computer outputs if the sensors are connected up parallel to each other, cause
the computer would only read as 1 signal. Are intakes such as a dual TBI system
even fesible or workable- it seems like it would work, because I read once that
there is a company in California that is making a 4-TBI system that works
wonders on the little Neon, and it's suppose to be 50 state legal. Jules--any
input on dual TBI units or workability? It would be sure COOOL to open the hood
and see 2 TBI's