Jules, MPI and the apology

From: Dave Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 11:22:41 EDT

I'm sure we will all get fed up with the "me toos" before this is
over...but. I've yet to voice any opinion publicly (although I sent some
e-mails off list) and am going to do so now.

I accept Jules apology and will give him the benefit of the doubt that it
is sincere and not purely driven by a fear of loss of $$$ as has been
suggested. The statements that were posted prior to Jules were "baiting"
of sort if we thought Jules was on line and somewhat unfair if we thought
he was off line and hence unable to respond. Some DML members have
apparently had what they feel to be poor service or unacceptable product
(based on claims) from MPI. Hopefully they have attempted to resolve this
directly with MPI. If this was done and no satisfaction was obtained, then
I think it's fair (and beneficial for the list) to post the experience,
just as positive experiences with vendors should be posted. It seemed as
though there was a lot of "group think" going on with people responding to
inquiries about MPI with negative feedback based on heresay as opposed to
actual experience. If that is true, I would like to believe that that will
be reduced or eliminated. I think that this can be turned into a positive
thing for all of us. I also think it's a testament to the list members
that we can have this kind of dissension and still reconcile and work
towards our common goal of making our Dodges the best they can be.

In the end, the posts were a good way to get some of the underlying tension
on this topic out in the open and hopefully work through it and now that
that's been done I look forward to a "kinder, gentler list". Let's get on
to some topic that's not controversial..you know..like synthetic vs. "dino"
oil, or manual vs. automatic transmissions, or why MP hasn't released a
computer for 1997 or 1998 models, or the proper carriage bolt length (sorry
Robert..had to do it 8 ^)

Time for one last group hug and back to business......

Dave Rench
"Scratch Me" Black 1997 2WD RC SB 5.2,Auto,3.55 SG