ABS

From: whiskyjack@iname.com
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 11:55:00 EDT

------------------------------

>Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:03:55 EDT
>From: McStyer@aol.com
>Subject: DML: Need help with brakes PLEASE
<snip>
>After I got rid of the trailer, I noticed a ticking >sound from
>the rear of the truck that would come on and off. The >brake fluid is full.
>Could the stress from the added weight of the trailer >been too much for my
>poor Dak, perhaps the ABS control unit? Any help >would be GREATLY
>appreciated, as I have been worrying about this for 3 >days now. The only good
>thing that came out of this trip is that I know what I >feel safe towing.
>Thanks,

>Mike S.
>1993 V6 5-speed CC Sport

ABS idiot light means that at the ABS has failed, not the brakes. I had this problem and it turned out to be a broken wire in the wireing harness to the speed sensor. Failure of the speed sensor will also case the ABS idiot light to come on....make sure your dealer checks everything ... mine got a code saying speed sensor (expensive) which he replaced and didn't solve the problem...only then did he test the wireing. CC paid as it was all under warranty.

WJ
97 SLT Clubcab 4x4 V8