Re: Pinging 3.9L

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 22:06:02 EDT

Yours sounds a lot worse than some *minor* ping I used to get and with the
miles on your rig it's probably more involved, but I slapped a pair of
exhaust headers (JBA) on my V8 and I don't even have a hint of ping anymore
and I still run 87 oct. gas...

This is probably a last resort after cleaning and making sure your
injectors are up to snuff... All I can say is it worked for me and I don't
mind the improved performance either.

T.