Transmission checklist with Freddie the mechanic Krueger

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 19:25:19 EDT

" Freddy Kruger couldn't have
scared me more............

I swear before God and my Country that I don't plan on ever purchasing
another truck that's not a Dodge. I crawled all over and under and
through
the thing trying to hear something, but everything sounds the same. A
few
quiet rhythmic knocks and the ticking of the injectors - just like new.
The
tranny had the same quiet whine it did when I got it broken in at around
10,000 miles. I had to keep asking myself "was that sound there
before",
but I've done that a hundred times before - these motors just aren't
kittens
- - they don't purr. Anyway, point is, on the surface, I can't identify
any
mortal wounds. Anything I can check without tearing the thing apart???"

Check the bottom seat cushion of your truck. Probably got sucked half
way up your butt after that one!!!

Patrick