Re: TB Mod Question for the Pro's

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 21:16:39 EDT

Bridges, Bruce wrote:

> William,
> A mildly modded TB will work great with the JET II and give you an increase
> across the power band. You can search the archives for the port and polish
> info or hang on for a bit for the Holloway performance stageI TB offereing
> coming to a DML near you (eventually)... Im not trying to be secretive about
> when, we jsut dont know yet, although Bob Mankin will be testing my old
> (new) stage 1 TB on his 318!!! He should get it in a few days. Cant offer
> without the data!!
> BKB

I'm planning either a couple of dyno pulls or at least some G-Tech runs
with the stock vs. the "Frank-and-Bruce whoop-ass special" (FABWAS) TB
to get some good feedback on how it performs with the 318/JBA
headers/K&N FIPK/Jet II setup on my truck. I thought just a simple dyno
pull with a TB swap between runs, but I'm worried the computer won't get
to learn the change quickly enough to really appreciate what's been
done. I think it really needs a couple of drive cycles after a change
like that to really kick in, but that's just a gut feeling.

Still debating, but either way we'll have some numbers and not just butt
dyno stuff to show how these mods work on something other than the 360.
Then I'll just get the hell outta the way while you guys mow down Frank
and Bruce to get your own TBs done<evil grin>.

Bob