Re: Top speed 115? hey stei0302

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 01:51:07 EDT

<< If you do find a way to go past 115 please don't be like the guy in the
 chevy truck who got a power programer for his truck, changed the speed
 limiter to 150MPH, then blew the tires out at around 120MPH. Stock tires
 on trucks generally do not like to go over 115, if that high. My uncle
 is a member of the local search and rescue group, and had the pleasure
 of retrieving the body of the man, well most of him anyway.

 Erich (never gone over 100 in it yet)

Proof that the automakers do actually have a good reason sometimes. Thanks
for the lesson. I've only hit 115 once, and when I figured my gas mileage for
that trip, the only times I go over 85 are to pass:) That and my front end
alignment is off and I need new tires =>

Mike S.
Nashville