Re: Dak Brakes

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 10:56:34 EDT

>My brakes seem to be screwed up as well.
>The other day I had to make a sudden stop, well It didn't, the peddle went
>straight to the floor and I could hear the anti lock valves thumping. I went
>home ,jacked the rear of the truck up got the rear wheels spinning and stepped
>on the brakes hard, guess what, the damn tires kept spinning like hell and the
>peddle went to the floor with the same sound as I had out on the road. If I
>stomp on the brakes then power it up they seem to work just fine. I guess I
>should have it looked at.
>FWIW
>
>Colin H.

With both my '93 and '95 Daks, I had to get the pads and rotors replaced
when they reached around 20,000 km. The '93 was a year old and the '95,
close to two years old. What I found out (not from the dealer) was the
factory pads and rotors are pretty much crap. Very low quality. Once I got
Speedy to change them on the '95, who knows how much longer they would have
gone had it not been put to rest after only 30,000 km. Which reminds me,
I've got pictures of the wreck, but our scanner seems to be flakey. Soooo, I
have to get these scanned somehow so they can be posted (as well as the new
'98 of course).

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd