re: Belt tension pulley ?

From: Mike Burgess (mike_burgess@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 12:05:18 EDT

Well, got it changed over the weekend, easy after I
1) found the part
2) found where my roomate hid my breaker bar.

I left the old belt ON, and used the breaker bar to
break the old mounting bolt loose. then I removed the
belt,
re-losened the bolt, and swapped pulleys. The bolt appears

to "self-torque" when you use it to swing the tensioner in
to install the new belt.

The above may not work if you old belt is about to go, and
then you may have to go the FSM route, and remove the
tensioner to get the old pully off.

Mike

=====
"Welcome to the Darwinian Gene Pool Preserve.

Go ahead and lean over the safety rail as far
as you like and hand feed the carnivores."
                    Non-Sequitor by Wiley