Re: Re: Bleeding thy breaks?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 02:49:05 EDT

Mallett, Donald B wrote:
> Thanks for the help guys! Did them today and all went good. The peddle does
> still feel a little soft, Not firm as if the dealer did them. But they can
> stop on a dime and give a nickel change. I did realize after I was all done,
> packed up the tools and cleaned up that I had the e-brake on! Would that
> cause a bad bleeding and/or the soft peddle?

ehhhhhh it might... having the parking brake on mechanically forces the
shoes in the braking position. Thus the return springs cannot retract
the shoes, and thus the pistons in the rear brake cylinders will not be
pushed back in. But I do not know if this would prevent the cylinders
from being properly bled.

--
***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (98) Days Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/