Re: What's this wire?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 23:55:30 EDT

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:03:43 -0400, andylevy@yahoo.com (andy levy)
wrote:

>I have a wire dangling from under my dashboard near my parking brake
>release. Actually 2 wires, one is red/white the other black, with a
>connector on the end. I have no idea where it goes to.
>
>I'm getting ready to wire my Dak up for towing (I didn't get the tow
>package when I bought it, felt I could do better myself on the price).
>Does the Dodge 7-wire harness
>(https://www.dodgeparts.com/d/product_info.php/products_id/1066?osCsid=1ffc63b2e30fc13a39ce1db32637b729)
>have everything to plug into a brake controller?
>
>Might this mystery wire connect to this harness or a brake controller?
>It is somewhat near the brake pedal.

Do you have any sort of factory security system? Under my dash
there's a couple of odd wires like that (complete with connectors that
loop back into themselves).

It's possible that, if it doesn't go anywhere, it's intended to
provide power to either the trailer plug or an electric brake
controller. I could check under my dash and see which wires connect
to the brake controller connector that came with the factory option or
even take a picture if you think that'd help... (Mine's a 2000)

-Bill