Gibson headers - not worth it

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 20:23:30 EST

In a message dated 2/24/02 8:17:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, kwreimer@msn.com
writes:

<< Yeah, in the new Truckin magazine for the month of April 2002, On page 41,
 lower left corner is a nice lookin pic of the headers and they are SWEET..
 1-1/2" MANDREL BENT TUBING, HARDWARE INCL,HEAVY DUTY FLANGES AND GASKETS.
 The magazine will set ya back 5.00. >>

I installed Gibson headers on the Ram. I had already done intake and catback
and decided to do headers to free up the exhaust side a little more. I
bought the stainless headers and had them Jet Hot coated to keep temps down.

Hands down, the Gibson headers were the single biggest waste of money of any
mod. I spent about $800 for the headers, coating, and installation. I
noticed NO difference whatsoever in power. The butt dyno read 0 increase.
No difference in throttle response, nada, zip.

I wouldn't waste my money on headers unless you are putting on a blower,
turbo, etc. or you are building a hi-po motor that needs it. You'll never
see a benefit where most of your mods are your basic bolt-on stuff. This is
IMHO, of course.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com