Re: Rattle in driver-side front

From: Mark Haney (mphaney@home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 00:11:45 EDT

Sorry if you already got some replies to this, but...

I have a 2000, almost identical specs, and I had the same noise, under the
same conditions, early on (2000-3000 miles?). The dealer was very familiar
with the problem and said it was related to a mis-alignment and loosening of
the rack and pinion unit. They did their thing on it and it ALMOST went
away. I took it back again, and they ended up changing some sort of bracket
related to the transfer case. Sorry I can't be more specific, but my wife
picked up the truck the second time and didn't ask any questions. At any
rate, after the bracket change, the noise completely went away.

Of course, lately I've started noticing the "normal" noise at full left
lock. Odd thing is I don't hear the noise at right lock.

Hope this helps?

Mark...