re: Tire question

From: J. Courtenay Brandon (jcbrandon@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 14:22:36 EDT

jeff asked:

"After a year, I noticed that the sticker in my door
is wrong! I have the 15x8 wheels and the sticker
lists the tire pressures for the 15x7's."

The sticker in the door isn't necessarily for the
tires that are on your truck. It's for the smallest
tires you can use and still maintain the original
GVWR.

Check the owner's manual. Mine's got a big insert all
about tire pressures. My truck is a 2000 Club Cab
Sport 4x4 with the tire and handling package,
including 15 x 31 inch tires on 15 x 8 wheels.
Recommended pressures are 30psi front and rear for
light loads; 35 front and 41 rear for full loads.
Light load is defined as up to two passengers plus 200
pounds of cargo. Add 10 psi for sustained driving over
65mph.

cheers,

-J.