8 1/4 axle in bits and pieces, how had to convert to 8 3/4???

From: Robertson (jrobert@voyageur.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 19:34:16 EDT

Well my axle gave up this weekend while pulling my trailer. Went to pass
someone on a hill, the truck downshifted and then the axle started to make
noise. By the time I was able to stop the diff was extremelly hot and
didn't smell to good. Well I've got a 8 3/4 axle from a Demon laying around
and was wondering how hard it would be to swap it in! What about the bolt
pattern? How is the width compared to the gen II daks? How about drums,
shoes and ABS? Phoned around to a few wreckers to see about a replacement 8
1/4 but there seems to be few around! :-(

Dave R
92 Dak (fried diff.)