custom y-pipe & CarSound cat

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 11:09:42 EDT

I just got my Dak back from Midas where they installed a custom y-pipe and
CarSound cat.

The y-pipe isn't true mandrel bent, but the smallest diameter is now 2 1/4"
as apposed to 1 1/4" with the stock pipe. The guy who made it did a great
job and it looks better than stock.

The CarSound cat (p/n 94006 from KRC Performance) went in without any
problems.

I've only driven it a few miles since getting it back, but I am happy with
what I feel. I did lose a little off the bottom end, but the gains in top
end are very noticeable. My dak pulls to the rev limiter like it never did
before. And as for the sound ... well, it made my v6 sound more like a v6 in
that the tone isn't near as deep as it was before the new cat. Plus it's a
little louder (which I don't mind). I think I'll try a dual outlet
Flowmaster to see if I can deepen the tone again.

I'll try and have some pics of the y-pipe up on my site within the next
couple days. Thanks for listening ;-)

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport