RE: RE: ASE Chip?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 19:19:21 EDT

Here's the response from Jim Cairns (R/T List):

"That's me that's running the ASE chip (and it appears that i'm the only
one so far.....). Performance wise, yeah, there's a definite difference
over the stock chip. No hesitation, and launches better than stock. The
only minor issues that I have is that the rev limiter wasn't increased
(although that's in the R & D stages right now, ASE will call me when
they're ready to beta the new chip), and i've started getting a little
detonation if I really slam the gas pedal. 'Course that may be
attributed to the lower octane rating at the pumps now. 91 is the best
you can get in Calif. now. Other than that, i'm pretty happy with it."

Jim C (Ironhead)
01' Blk CC R/T
DRTC #270 Div 7
West Coaster Maniac (Dawg)