RE: Transmission fluid change

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 20:50:54 EDT

At 05:27 PM 8/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a national chain that does this service. I talked to
>Jiffy Lube and they won't let me bring in my own fluids. I would love to
>find someone to do it but only if I can put in Amsoil.

I found a Firestone store in Toronto, Ont. (~35 miles away) via word by mouth.
The owner and quite a few of his mechanics are into racing, and he also
hooked up with the area's Amsoil rep. (which was a surprise since the
'official'
product he displayed was Redline).

I just started using a garage locally (owners went to high school with my son)
but they do not have the special machine to flush out the torque converter.
They recommended a nearby garage that had the needed machines.

I would just ask auto. people you deal with or, if you're a track buff, ask
race car owners what they use and where they get it from or done by.
The worst they can say is no. If there are any racing newspapers or mags.
that are for your local area, look at the ads in them.

Good luck.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG