Re: Question about a turbo

From: Mark Litherland (MarkL@all914.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 13:09:00 EDT

Hey, something I know about. Someone else said it wouldn't provide enough
boost, but I can tell you it will provide 12psi. I have one of these
turbos as part of a custom installation on a street car and it does a fine
job. There is a mechanical wastegate which allows easy adjustment of the
boost level and it's easy/cheap to rebuild. There are literally millions
of them out there.

You will have to do some careful planning for fuel delivery and engine
management but it can be done...how big a headache do you want? Trust me,
it's a big one.

Mark Litherland
'00 SLT 4.7
'71 914 2.0 Turbo