A518 on a V6??

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 20:41:58 EST

well i got to thinking... i want to do the V8 swap like austin evenutally
in my 94. i thought i might just start with a few things now. the way i
look at it, i think my tranny is my weak link in my drivetrain now. it has
to warm up before it shifts properly. so i know for sure it won't hold up
to a 360. so what would be involved in putting a A518 in place of my A500??
  what years would work with a 94 V6?? if it's not to bad, i might start
looking for a used 518 and get it rebuilt nicely. i want something that
will be able to handle a lot of power when i'm all said and done. after i
graduate college next year the real fun starts, but until now give me some
advice on the tranny.... thanks for any input...
mike k
94 2wd, cc, slt, V6, msd6a, flowmaster, jba headers soon....