airhat brace removal

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 09:59:37 EDT

While mucking with my cold air intake, I remembered
reading where one DML'er had removed the bracing out
of the stock air hat, to improve airflow. Did this
provide any improvement? It looks like it would flow
better with the bracing removed...

The person that did this also mentioned that the air
hat is obviously not as rigid, and doesn't seat well
on the TB when tightened down. Did you try putting a
nylon locknut on your airhat bolt, located just beneath
the airhat top, allowing you to tighten down the airhat
without crushing it?

-Kevin D.