Re: Flowmaster 1 chamber muffler

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 18:42:15 EDT

I'm not sure which Dak you have or how equipted. In my lowly 4.7 with
THREE CATS and a wimpy Y, no muffler at all was not what I would call loud.

Truth is if I would have continued the pipe all the way out the back it
probably would have been nice. Dumped under the middle of the bed made it
resonate in the cab some. The big open Gibson didn't quiet it down much.
Just gave it a good smooth tone like a resonator.

In my truck a one chamber Flowmaster would probably be fine. If I had done
a custom system instead of a Gibson Catback, I would have run 3" Race
Magnum's.

Now with Headers and no cats....1 Chambers will get you ejected from the
neighborhood....

-STE