4.10s and locker in...wheeeeeee!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 18:50:12 EDT

WOW what a world of difference a regear can do! Going from 3.55s to the
4.10s, I noticed a HUGE difference in power and pickup when I got my truck
back from the shop yesterday! I can actually use 5th gear again! Now to get
the speedo recalibrated, speedo says 70 when I'm doing 55...

And I was told that it would be a pain in the ass driving on pavement with
the Detroit locker by "jeepers"...but no problems whatsoever except the tires
chirp a bit on tight corners, so just ride the clutch a bit. No bad clunking
or jerking...yet. The tech told me the jeeps are screwy because of their
short wheelbase so maybe the fact that the dak is so long that helps?

Can't wait to get it on the trails...three weeks to rockcrawlin' in
TELLICO!!!!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...