Re: Tire and wheel questions

From: LARRY LEESCH (leeschhp1@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 17:59:54 EDT

Stan,
My 00 cc, v6, auto, 3:55 limited slip, 2 wd came with the tire and wheel
package. It had 255x65x15 very worthless LS Goodyears. Tire height on the
Goodyears is 28.1 inches. The bfg's are the T/A Radials and are 28.0 inches
high. I doubt the 6 banger would pull the 31's and be acceptable for my type
of driving which is hiway. If you have the 3:90 axle or a v8, you may be
alright but remember that you have reduced the engine rpm by going to the
taller tire and will lose power across the entire rpm range. If you have 4
wd, the effect on dragging the motor when 4 wheeling down hill will make it
seem like you are in to high of a gear. Hope this helps.
Larry