traction bar question for 97+ owners...

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 16:40:05 EDT

Has anyone had any problems using Lakewood universal traction bars?
I was worried about bending springs, because the length of the bars doesn't
go all the way to the spring mount area.

I ended up designing and building my own traction bars. I don't have an extra
$300. to spend on Caltrac's, not to mention the loss of ground clearance.

I will be testing my new bars out next Saturday at RockFalls in Eau Claire
Wisconsin. After I get some track time with them, I'll let you guy's know how
they worked.

My cost on them was about $41.00. And I used factory Mopar parts, plus some
steel from a local outfit here in town.

Later,
Jeff C.

"There's no such thing as too much cam, just not enough motor."
--David Freiburger

Jeff Capuzzi
00' Dakota Sport RC 2wd, IB with 4.7 V8, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears.
Decal free, 255/60-15 Firestone's, loud pipes, homemade cold air intake
system, homemade traction bar's, and more on the way...