Re: TB spacer

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 02:23:16 EDT

Just a data point. Most of the carb spacers I've encountered in drag
racing have been custom made out of Maple laminate (I have also seen some
other hardwoods used, but Maple is most common). I doubt if cost is an
issue on these things. I'm guessing the laminated Maple as opposed to a
solid piece of hardwood has even better insulating qualities.

The use of spacers doesn't make much sense on a 4.7L. It would seem like
the older LA based engines could benefit from them (the carbed versions
do).

-STE