Re: Re: HRP Friday Night

From: magnumv8@wtez.net
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 03:32:34 EST

>Hey Mike.
>
>How much ET does the tailgate/spare removal buy you? Or is the weight

>reduction eaten up in loss of traction due to lack of weight on rear wheels?

Don't really know. Last time I tried it I babied it off the line a little
too much. But it did feel faster.

>Whats the IAT thing? You using a fixed resistor? Last time out I made
a run
>with my IAT sensor disconnected, and the MIL lit. Didn't seem to make
>difference.

I removed mine and put in a pipe plug (thanks bernd) to fill the hole.
 My sensor is setting out in the open right by my air filter. If it does
any good like that I'll mount it in my k&n can in the base.

>Wouldn't the coolant temp sensor have more impact on the open loop fuel

>curves?

I don't know? I just thought that if I was going to the track I ought
to be trying SOMETHING different!

>Anybody else comin' (to the track)
>
>65 degrees, 30% humidity, Sea level track- What a night for racing.

Oh damn! I think I left my jacket at home......

I'm going to try and get there about the same time you are Richard, 6 -
6:30

--Mike