Re: Re: Re: Pitman Arm 101

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 19:21:54 EST

> >tell which is holding this pitman arm onto the pump is a large nut, can I
> >just loosen and take this nut off and the arm will slide off?
>

> HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is the funniest thing I've read on the DML in >a
while. I'm not laughing at you, don't take it that way. We've got enough of
>that lately. That thing might as well be welded on there. You'll
definately
> need the puller (atleast in my experience). The puller slide over the arm
> and the center screw presses against the top of the threaded portion. You
> just keep on cranking on that bolt and BOOOM, like a gunshot, it pops off.

Dave,
So should I dare ask another question then.........So does the large nut
come off at all? Or does it stay on the gear puller does all the work?? Just
asking because usually a nut holds something on and must come off because
the part could....but I have not clue on the pitman arm........laugh on :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6